Monday, December 1, 2008

More Like Jesus

The Boring One sang this song in worship yesterday and thought she'd remind all of you to live your lives more like Him everyday!

I want to be more like Jesus,
And follow Him day by day;
I want to be true and faithful,
And every command obey.
I want to be kind and gentle
To those who are in distress;
To comfort the broken-hearted
With sweet words of tenderness.
I want to be meek and lowly,
Like Jesus, our Friend and King;
I want to be stong and earnest,
And souls to the Savior bring.
More and more like Jesus,
I would ever be;
More and more like Jesus,
My Savior who died for me.

I am especially thoughtful of the words "I want to be strong and earnest, and souls to the Savior bring." I am not good at being bold about my faith. I am praying that the Lord will help me with that, and help me to be "strong" and to take His word and His love so seriously that I will be "earnest" about bringing His message to lost people.

Serve Him faithfully in all you do this week!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Boldness is good, but also is discernment. The Lord will place in our path those who are searching. We just need to recognize them and then be bold.

Mom to Anyone said...

Sunday we talked about Paul. He immediately after conversion taught anyone and everyone. What a good example. You see his joy overflow. There is no inhibition.

Dad to anyone said...

We really enjoyed having you here. There is always room for you. You will never be alone at our house Nancy would see to that...

Dad to anyone said...

sorry attached first message to the wrong post. should be the next one....