Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just Put it On My Tab

Have you ever heard that statement? Just put it on my tab. I hear it often in my job. It annoys me greatly! Customers who refuse to work and instead draw disability or unemployment take for granted the goodwill of my employer. They act as if I owe them a favor. The attitude does not become them!

Have you ever acted that way toward the Lord? I have. How many times have I sinned, and just taken for granted His grace. "Just put it on my tab," I think. How offended the Lord must feel when we treat Him as if He owes us His grace. My sin ought to hurt me. I ought to remember that the Lord owes me nothing. His grace is just that, grace. I do not deserve it. Without the Lord's goodwill, I would be stuck with a debt I could not pay.

May we always remember to sorrow over our sins and thank the Lord for His rich and abundant mercy!

4 comments:

Mom to Anyone said...

Isn't that the truth! You know, that takes frequent and honest reflection. I am seeing that more and more. We need to analyze often and seek, seek, seek His word and will so that we might grow and grow and grow and not merely take His forgiveness and grace for granted.

Mom said...

Oh, that our thankfulness would equal His grace!

Bethany Joy said...

What a humbling reminder!

momawake said...

Thanks for the reminder.